The great Tolkien once wrote, “Not all those who wander are lost.” -That is so true! In the end, Destiny always reveals itself, no matter how far you’ve walked, no matter how long. 💭
It may take you a while to get where you want to. Maybe even longer than planned. You may need to rest, go on pit stops once or twice… maybe countless times. It may become more difficult as you go further. It will be tiresome and relentless. You’ll probably trip and fall and lose your spirit at times.
You may lose people along the way; possibly even yourself. There may be distractions. There may be obstacles. People to deal with. Things to figure out. Your own demons to face. It could go on and on and the list of negative forces that test your courage may never end.
The journey might exhaust every bit of your existence and test your will until the last second. It may be a rollercoaster ride. It can be.. and it will be tough without a doubt. But the path goes on and the stakes get higher everytime, leaving you no room for weakness.
The possibility of failure lingers every step of the way and it’s terrifying. The tides will roll in and they’ll be unstoppable. You must not let yourself be swept away in oblivion, defeated in every way. You’re going to need to learn to pick yourself up and feel good about it everytime. You’ll gain people as you move on-friends, lovers, family. It will be tempting to depend on them; but you will only TRULY have yourself to rely on about pretty much everything when the shit hits the fan.
It will be tough. It will be risky. . You may lose courage and think about giving up. It’s not going to be a smooth sail, it’s not going to be a walk in the park. It’s going to be overwhelmingly difficult but it will be one hell of a challenge, one hell of a ride.
So, go where your passion leads you today. Don’t think twice and better set your heart for pain and greatness at the same time. Expect the “dreadful” unexpected. Psych yourself and temper your mind. Don’t settle and never falter until you reach where you picture yourself to be. That is your real stop. And it’s called SUCCESS-where the winner is yourself and the prize is contentment.
You work hard in your job. You’ve got money and everything you need is just one decision away from coming to life. But you never go on vacation or a night out. You pull off all-nighters like it’s nothing. You never try things. You never slow down. You say you’re living “The Life”; but does drowning in a pool of your job-related stress really count as living? You’re forgetting something here. Have you thanked yourself for all the hard work? I bet you haven’t.
Here’s the thing.. You are not a slave. You didn’t come to life and die earning a living to pay bills. You need a break from time to time. You owe yourself a lifetime of paybacks for all the hours spent at work; for all the accomplishments that marked your life. Self appreciation is a lifelong thing. It’s the best and most basic thing you can do for yourself. You owe it to her/him in the first place. Do not allow yourself to be a ticking time bomb of burnout. So, make it a habit and do something your future self will thank you for. You can start with these simple things:
- Treat yourself to a relaxing day at the spa. Go get an hour’s worth of a much needed body massage. Relieve your stress with a nice foot spa or back rub, your body is screaming for. Do it for the love of a badly needed R&R.
- Go get that hair touch up you’ve been putting off for months because you’re too busy to make salon appointments. Try that new hair treatment everybody’s talking about; or those new nail lacquer featured in the magazine this season. We all deserve to feel and look beautiful all the time. This one doesn’t really need much justifying.
- Hit the gym. Take that refreshing morning walk to the park. Try those healthy juices everyone’s raving about. Sign up for that yoga class and bust out some moves in your zumba sessions. Sweat it all out. A healthy body yields a happy life.
- Buy that gorgeous dress you’ve been admiring behind that shop window for the longest time; or that bronzer from the new makeup line at sephora; or those limited edition shoes you saw online. Don’t let yourself be stricken with guilt. This isn’t an everyday purchase after all. You work hard, so play hard-shop hard from time to time.
- Indulge in a hefty delicious meal. Go ahead and satisfy those cravings. Have that extra garlic bread. Go on a steak night. Try that famous buffet restaurant. Drink that margarita you’ve been aching for; or that mouth-watering stuffed crust pizza you’ve been running away from. Give in to your sweet tooth and buy that yummy lava cake for dessert. It’s okay to hold a cheat day every so often. Food is life and life is food.
- Go somewhere you’ve never been to once in a while. Book a plane ticket to somewhere. Stay in a luxury hotel. Discover things. Go places. Meet people. Experience something you’ve never done before. Travel while you’re able. You are not getting any younger you know.
- Don’t be afraid to say what you feel. Go ahead and tell someone those three little words- “I love you.”; “I am sorry.”; “I need you.”- It may come in many forms but it’s worth the try. Hushed feelings are the worst killers. They kill you from the inside. Don’t cheat yourself; just make your heart known. Say what you feel and take responsibility for it. You’ll be sleeping better at night.
- Listen to yourself. Everybody deserves a much needed pause from life every now and then. Your body might be sending signals of reprieve from a hard day’s work; or your heart and mind might be trying to lobby into existence what you, so much deserve in life. Take a breather and listen to yourself. Stop suppressing. Start living.
Life is not all about work, money and networks. It is not a game and you are not a pawn ready to be sacrificed in return for outcomes. It’s good to work hard. It’s good to earn money. But don’t be those who get stuck in making a living that they forget to have a life. Take the time to look out for yourself. Learn to appreciate your own efforts. Remember that you are worthy of more than just a pat on the back.
Don’t leave yourself hanging. Only you can really have your back when the tough times roll. Only you can really pick yourself up in the dark. You are only given this life once and surely you don’t wanna be leaving this world thinking, “I should have bought that dress; I should have tried that steak; I should have gone to that cruise”. Your life is yours for the taking so make a hell of a memory out of it.
So, celebrate yourself and never let an ounce of hesitation stop you from it. Run your life the way you mostly deserve and learn to love it. The world is your platform. Live fully and never look back. Your future self will thank you big time for it.
“Everything starts with a FIRST.”
In every aspect of our existence, We’ve all cherished a plethora of our own little memorable firsts. At one point or another, we’ve all been dubbed as clueless newbies at something- sports, hobbies, friendship, love, LIFE. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. It goes with change. And change fuels the world. It makes us who we are. Change is life and just like everybody else in this world, I’ve definitely been through many firsts in mine.
This is my first blog, and to be honest, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing. I just have that urge to write and that alone feels so right and enough of a reason for me to start this. I’ve always wanted to write but never had the proper platform to actually do it. Writing is my first love but Life happened and I didn’t know how to get back on track before this blog happened. I’ve been a student, then a Registered Nurse, and Now a Registered Professional Teacher but sadly, never a writer. This world has its own way of sucking you up into nothingness you know 😁. #hugot
For years, I’ve struggled and succeeded in my own ways but never really did something for my love of writing. Well I’m not getting any younger so I guess it’s better late than never.
So, WELCOME TO MY BLOG! 🤓 I hope to share to you a bit about me and what Makes my life Me (a tad bit crazy but fun ME). Your thoughts are welcome here. Feel free to share!